SEMINAR: HOW TO ADAPT TO THE NEW ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DECREE AND THE CBAM IN VIETNAM: A GUIDE FOR MANUFACTURERS
Please click here to download the Pesentation.
The EU's Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) and Vietnam's proposed amendments to EPR regulations under draft Environmental Protection Decree 08/2022/ND-CP are two significant developments that will greatly impact manufacturing companies. The CBAM, effective from 1 October 2023, will establish a price on carbon emissions associated with imported goods. Vietnam's proposed amendments to EPR regulations, currently under review, will introduce new recycling and waste treatment responsibilities for manufacturers and importers.
These changes will have a substantial influence on manufacturing companies' costs and operations. Exporting companies to the EU will need to comply with the CBAM, while companies operating in Vietnam will need to adhere to the new EPR regulations.
To assist manufacturing companies in comprehending these changes and preparing for their implementation, we will be hosting a seminar on How to Adapt to the New Environmental Protection Decree and the CBAM in Vietnam: A Guide for Manufacturers
During the seminar, our expert from Deloitte Vietnam will cover a range of topics, including:
• The EU's Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM)
• Vietnam's Proposed amendments to EPR regulations under draft Environmental Protection Decree 08/2022/ND-CP
• How to comply with the CBAM and Vietnam's new EPR regulations
Benefits of attending:
• Gain knowledge about the latest requirements under the CBAM and Vietnam's proposed EPR regulations
• Understand how these changes can potentially impact your business
• Receive expert advice on how to ensure compliance with the new regulations
• Network with other manufacturing companies that are also navigating these changes
Who should attend:
• CEOs and CFOs of manufacturing companies
• Sustainability managers and environmental officers
• Export managers and customs compliance professionals
• Anyone interested in learning more about the CBAM and Vietnam's proposed EPR regulations
Networking and Q&A sessions will also be available to address particular worries or queries.
Register early to secure your seat; we look forward to seeing you there!
Date: Thursday, 30 November 2023
Time: 9:30 - 11:30 AM (Check-in starts at 9:00 AM) (GMT+7)
Location: Deloitte Ho Chi Minh City Office, 17F., Times Square Building, 57-69F Dong Khoi Street, District 1, HCMC.
Admission fee: Member/Cohossted Member: VND 100,000 / Non Member: VND 200,000
* Light food would be served at the event
Please RSVP by Tuesday, November 28, 2023 to secure your spot at the seminar. Space is limited, so we encourage you to reserve your seat as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you and your friends at the event.
***Please be noted that Parking is located at below location:
1. Bitexco Tower: Floor B2 & B3, 2 Hai Trieu, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCMC
2. Sunwah Tower 115 Nguyen Hue, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCMC
3. Vincom Dong Khoi, B4 & B5 Floor, 72 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCMC
- Link Event PDF :
- Share Social :