The Hong Kong Business Association Vietnam - HKBAV is a non-profit, voluntary Membership Association of Hong Kong Business in Vietnam. Officially established on 23rd July 1999, aiming to provide business interaction amongst Members and local/international business communities.
[01-12-2016] Dear HKBAV Members,
HKBAV sincerely thank you for your support for the past years! We would like to remind you that our existing membership term will expire on December 31, 2016. You are invited to renew your membership with HKBAV for 2017.
[24-11-2016] After almost 10 years of lobbying from HKBAV and HKVCC , finally, on Nov 14, 2016, a new arrangement on entry of nationals of Vietnam for training in HK is coming into effect. Please see the following announcement from the Immigration Department of HK for your reference. For details of the procedures, please refer to the website as quoted.
[16-11-2016] We would like to express our greatest gratitude to all the players and sponsors for your support for the 1st HKBAV-Sun Wah Group Charity Golf Tournament. Your generosity helps to make a difference in the lives of many in Vietnam. The event, held at Tan Son Nhat Golf Course and Eastin Grand Hotel on November 11, 2016, raised over USD15,000 and will be added to our Charity Account to fund the initiatives under the banner of "Enable Learning Impart Knowledge"
We are delighted to inform you that the Corporate/Individual Member(s) below have participated in our HKBAV Membership. We hope that the joining of each new Member will bring more opportunities for business and friendship connection: “New Members - New Businesses”. Please be sure to introduce yourself to them at the next networking event and welcome them to our community!
[07-12-2016] The Saigon Newport Corporation inaugurated Tan Cang-Cai Cui Port in Cai Rang District of Can Tho City on December 6, having operated the port for weeks. Tan Cang-Cai Cui Port in its first phase covers over seven hectares with a 180-meter-long pier, and is able to accommodate 20,000-DWT vessels.
[07-12-2016] Viet Nam Business Forum (VBF) 2016 has proposed the Government remove import taxes on auto components and parts which are not yet produced in Viet Nam. The aim is to make prices competitive for locally-made products.
1. Foreign investors expect more ownership room in banks
2. Individual savings at banks surge over 17pct
3. Insurance sector will grow stably at 20pct in 2017
4. Vietnam showing potential to become new outsourcing giant
5. State assets must be secured during SOE equitisation
1. Elevator system supply and installation-bid denial
2. Communication and Scada system supply
3. Lightning arresters supply and installation
4. Reflector lamps supply-bid extend
5. Data connection port solution supply
----and more news
[07-12-2016] - Caravelle Christmas Goodies
- Festive flavours for tea lovers
- A great spot for a quick bite
- It’s never too early to book Christmas at Nineteen
- Christmas feasting at Nineteen Buffet Restaurant
1. Banks are in different state regarding credit growth limit
2. Foreign investors worry about being banned from lending to housing projects
3. Update mortgage law, experts say
4. Foreign firms call for Vietnam to increase overtime limit
5. Remove import tax on auto components, VBF proposes